Air-conditioning units may be a norm these days, but that doesn’t mean every household can afford to install one. This brings us to another alternative: fans. There are generally two types of fans including commercial and industrial varieties. While most of us would go for the commercial varieties (read: cheaper), there are actually a few benefits to choosing the industrial fans for home use. Here’s a list of 7 industrial fans worth checking out.
Benefits Of Industrial Fans For Home Use
- Aluminium/Metal Fan Blades – Most regular fans use plastic fan blades. But in the case of industrial fans, they have an advantage of using (mostly) aluminium or metal fan blades instead. You see, aluminium/metal fan blades are sturdier and corrosion-resistant, making them more long-lasting than regular fans.
- Better Airflow – Again, with the use of aluminium/metal fan blades, they manage to create greater airflow and higher wind speed. In other words, they move more air around your surroundings even if they’re on the lowest setting.
- Thermal Protection – Industrial fans are normally equipped with built-in thermal protection. Not only does it help to protect the motor that runs the fan, but it also prevents overheating.
- Heavy-duty materials – Durability is among the reasons that make industrial fans a good buy. They are built to last, thanks to heavy-duty materials and bearings that are put together in the industrial fans.
1) Khind 18″ Industrial Floor Fan FF1802B
Here’s a quality industrial floor fan from Khind, thanks to its solid metal-body construction. It comes with a standard 3-speed setting and I love that it’s windy enough even when I turn on the lowest speed. It’s tiltable by just adjusting the head up and down and the fan can oscillate too. The fan’s built-in thermal protection, in the meantime, helps to safeguard the motor from accidental overheating or breakdown.
2) Khind 18″ Industrial Floor Fan FF1801
The Khind FF1801 model combines a high-performance motor with 18-inch aerodynamic fan blades made from metal. The latter isn’t just durable but also capable of providing stronger airflow. Similar to other industrial floor fans from Khind, it also comes with a built-in safety thermal fuse and a 3-speed selection.
3) Pensonic PFF-1800
Offering up to 4-speed control compared to most brands, Pensonic PFF-1800 also benefits from using corrosion-resistant metal fan blades. And for peace of mind when it comes to safety, the fan is equipped with built-in thermal protection. Judging by some customers who bought the Pensonic PFF-1800, this product has received overall positive responses for its sturdy build quality and easy assembly.
4) Selamat 20″ Industrial Floor Fan MQ-2020F
Ever heard of Selamat? This proud Malaysian brand originating from Johor offers a range of quality industrial fans at a reasonable price. Among them includes the MQ-2020F model, which features a double ball-bearing motor designed to last for many years. It comes equipped with 5-ppl blades and based on most customer reviews, they praised its overall powerful wind speed upon turning on the fan.
5) Elba 26″ Industrial Wall Fan EIWF-G2631
Not enough floor space to place a fan? There’s always an alternative: the wall. One of the recommended industrial wall fans worth checking out would be Elba EIWF-G2631. It delivers strong wind power since it uses metal fan blades. It comes with the usual 3-speed setting and a built-in safety thermal fuse. The fan can be both tilted and oscillated too.
6) Khind 18″ Industrial Stand Fan SF1811
If you are looking for an industrial stand fan, you might want to consider the Khind SF1811. It uses 4 blades instead of three, allowing for more air power. Although the blades are made from ABS material (a type of thermoplastic), they are generally known for their efficiency and anti-corrosion properties. Khind SF1811 is also safe to use, thanks to its built-in thermal fuse protection.
7) Fujibin 20″ Industrial Stand Fan FBS-20
Local electrical brand Fujibin offers reasonably-priced products and that includes their industrial fans, namely the FBS-20 model. Equipped with high-powered 20″ metal blades, the FBS-20 is easy to assemble and it works well when comes to its fan performance: strong wind and powerful. It comes with a thermo cut-off protection, meaning you don’t have to worry about sudden overheating upon using the fan even for long hours.
Looking for more gadgets? Then you’ll love: