It’s been a year since the very first MCO was implemented, followed by variations of the MCO throughout, but one thing that has been a constant is the repeated instruction of “stay at home”. As most of the world (and us!) were thrown into a lockdown with nowhere to go in an attempt to curb the spread of COVID-19, we’ve certainly missed out on several celebrations. Sometimes, they might not even be celebrations; just gatherings with friends, which are largely being discouraged as well. Despite all that, we still need a little cheer and fun spirit to get us through this, and Guinness is here to bring you 31 days of celebration with their St Patrick’s Celebration Kits!
Missing Each Other!
The past year has certainly been unorthodox and overwhelming. Life as we knew it was totally shaken up, and many of life’s little pleasures such as gatherings and celebrations were also taken away from us. If you’ve missed several important occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, or even just gatherings with friends, you’re not alone. Instead of sulking about it, how about having some fun while we wait for things to look up again? Better yet, why not look forward to 31 days of celebration? It’s St Patrick’s Month, and Guinness has prepared some St Patrick’s Celebration Kits up for grabs to put you into a celebratory mood! More info on the kits coming right up, but here’s what you can do to win yourself a St Patrick’s Celebration Kit from Guinness:
- Fans in Klang Valley and Penang, head over to Guinness’ Facebook page or Instagram page to tell Guinness what occasions you have missed.
- Guinness will select five (5) entries every day for 31 days in a row, and the selected participants will be rewarded with a Guinness St Patrick’s Celebration Kit.
The St Patrick’s Celebration Kits
There are five different celebration kits available in the Klang Valley and Penang respectively, and don’t worry if you don’t win them; they are also available for purchase! From cakes to burger platters, here’s what you can look forward to!
by myBurgerLab X Tipsy Boar in Klang Valley
The burger consists of fluffy bamboo green charcoal bun, Guinness-glazed lamb patty, julienne-fried potato crisps and watercress, topped off with some calamansi aioli sauce, Boursin garlic cheese, grilled Jalapeño chaser, tomatoes, onions, and mint sauce. Each platter also comes with a side of curly fries and Guinness BBQ sauce dip!
Get yours in various combo packages:
- Ala carte (1 burger + 1 fries): RM30
- One set (1 burger + 1 fries + 1 can of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout): RM38
- Three-set bundle (3 burgers + 3 fries + 4 cans of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout): RM120
by Mish Mash in Penang
Check out their “You Got Beef Burger”: a burger with juicy beef patty brushed with homemade Guinness sauce, sautéed BBQ onions, cheese, mustard, mixed greens and a side of sidewinder chips. Get your set of 3 burgers + 3 fries + a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout at RM128!
by Anniekins Cakehouse in Klang Valley
Those with a sweet tooth would be happy to know that there’s a dessert option in the form of a moist Guinness chocolate cake with butter icing! Need we say more? You can also purchase 1 Guinness cake and a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout at RM170 at Anniekins Cakehouse for all of March!
by Cake By X in Penang
Over in Penang, you can feast upon a moist chocolate Guinness butter cake with chocolate ganache buttercream, which sounds absolutely heavenly if you ask us! A Guinness cake and a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout is at RM148.
Guinness BBQ At Home
by Makhan By Kitchen Mafia in Klang Valley
How long has it been since you last had a BBQ? Skip the grocery shopping and food preparations, and get yourself a Guinness BBQ set instead, consisting of:
- Guinness coffee rub flank steaks
- Rosemary & basil pesto rub lamb chops
- Guinness-glazed hot wings
- Salmon, potato and peas pouch,
- Three Cheese M&C
- St Patrick’s All Green Salad
Each BBQ set comes with basic BBQ utensils, charcoal, fire starter, and a tabletop BBQ pit. The set is priced at RM210, accompanied by 4 glasses of Guinness Draught in-store, or a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout for delivery.
by Mish Mash in Penang
Mish Mash’s BBQ set is named “Gone Grillin'”, which consists of succulent cuts of pork belly with a side of Guinness-marinated chicken wings. Sounds simple, but you don’t need much to actually get a BBQ going! Just like the one in Klang Valley, this set also comes with basic BBQ utensils, charcoal, wood chips, and a tabletop BBQ pit. Get three portions of pork belly and chicken wings with a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout at RM280!
by Coley in Klang Valley
Cheers to celebrating March, and everything you’ve missed out on thus far. There are three cocktails available:
- Rabbit’s Foot: Guinness Foreign Extra Reduction, earl grey tea, ginger, edible gold dust
- Golden Horseshoe: Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, banana-infused Irish whiskey, dulce de leche, bitters, clarified milk, sea salt, edible gold dust
- Lucky Leche-prechaun: Guiness Foreign Extra Stout, dulce de leche, calcified milk, sea salt, edible gold dust
At RM98 for a set of the three cocktails, you can choose to enjoy the cocktails in-store, or have them delivered right to your door! (Price excluding 6% SST.)
by Mish Mash in Penang
Over in Penang, enjoy the unique Guinness Espresso: A concentrate of Guinness, to be mixed with house blend espresso and topped up with Guinness Foreign Extra Stout! You can get a set of 4 alco-espresso mix a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout at RM100.
Guinness-Infused Ice Cream
by The Ice Cream Bar in Klang Valley
Another sweet treat to cool off in the sweltering heat, there are two Guinness-infused ice cream flavours available, with both flavours for RM64:
- Patrick’s Treasure: Guinness cream + pistachio chocolate feuilletine
- Guinness Brownies: Guinness cream + brownies mix
You can also purchase it via Grab!
by Three Tiers Ice Cream in Penang
There are another two flavours available in Penang, and you can get both the flavours and a 4-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout for RM97:
- Leprechaun’s Bite: Guinness Stout ice cream with dark chocolate brownie with swirls of leprechaun magic
- The Pure Irishman: Reduced Guinness Stout mixed into Three Tiers’ cream base; creamy and malty with a distinct stout aftertaste
*Note: All prices stated exclude delivery charges.
More To Celebrate!
If that’s not enough, you can also get some limited edition Guinness tumblers when you make certain purchases, with three different designs available. Check out where you can get the tumblers:
- Pubs, bars, restaurants: Purchase one set of Guinness Draught or Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, and get a free Guinness tumbler
- Coffee shops, food courts, Chinese restaurants: Purchase three big bottles of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, and get a free Guinness tumbler
- Hypermarkets/supermarkets: Purchase two 4-can packs of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, and get a free Guinness tumbler
- Drinkies: Purchase two 6-can packs or one 24-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout and get a free Guinness tumbler
- 7-11, KK Mart & MyNews: Purchase RM20 worth of Guinness products and stand to win a set of Guinness tumblers
- Happy Fresh: Purchase two 4-can packs of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, and get a free Guinness tumbler
- Shopee: Purchase two 6-can packs or one 24-can pack of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, and get a free Guinness tumbler
So you see, if we know how to do it, there’s still plenty of celebration to go around! There’s also no better time than the present, so grab a Guinness today and start celebrating all your missed celebrations this St Patrick’s Month; we’re sure there’s lot to celebrate!
As always, remember not to drink and drive, adhere to all SOPs, and stay safe even as you celebrate!
Note: Promotion only available for non-Muslims aged 21 and above.