Although many people know that having adequate, quality sleep is important, not many are getting the sleep that they need. Did you know that 9 out of 10 people in Malaysia have trouble sleeping?
Whether it’s struggling to fall asleep or not being able to stay asleep, sleep deprivation can be caused by many factors such as screen time before bed, anxiety, depression, poor sleeping habits, unhealthy lifestyle, etc.. However, the most commonly cited reason for poor sleep is most probably stress. Work, school, health, finances, or family concerns might keep a person’s thoughts occupied at night, making sleeping difficult.
Are you sleeping well?
Sleep deprivation is in fact a global epidemic that threatens the health and quality of life of up to 45% of the population.
As most of you might know, the average adult needs 7 to 9 hours of sleep. However, not many of us are getting that amount. And studies have also shown that those who are used to sleeping for 4 to 5 hours and claim that they feel absolutely fine are actually underestimating their condition as they can no longer accurately tell that they are lacking sleep.
Good or high quality sleep is important because it helps with our cognitive function, immune function and memory consolidation.
Did you know that your body temperature can affect your sleep?
Sleep and our body’s core temperature are both governed by a circadian clock. In the late afternoon or early evening, our body temperature rises by two to three degrees. Around bedtime, the average person’s body temperature would begin to drop by 0.3 to 0.6°C. It is at its lowest during sleep and then begins to rise as we prepare to awaken.
The core body temperature of a human normally cools in the hours leading up to night, while the skin temperatures of the hands and feet rise. Although it seems counterintuitive, a warm bath or shower helps to promote the body’s thermoregulatory system because it will help to circulate blood to your hands and feet which would help to remove body heat. By incorporating a night time shower into your bedtime routine, the resulting drop in temperature will help signal to your brain that it is time to sleep.
3 Benefits of A Warm Shower Before Bed
1. Warm bath effect
Scientists hypothesized that immersing the body in warm water would help in the natural temperature regulating process, thus improving sleep quality. According to them, warm water would help to stimulate blood flow to the hands and the feet, thus allowing body heat to escape more quickly. This helps the core body temperature to lower faster.
2. Fall asleep faster
Studies have also shown that those who shower one or two hours before bed would fall asleep faster. In fact, the ideal time to shower is 90 minutes before your bedtime and the ideal temperature is 40 to 43°C. Research has shown that bathing at such temperature and timing can help you fall asleep 10 minutes faster than usual.
3. Psychological benefits
The body reacts naturally to being warm by relaxing its muscles and thoughts. This can help to reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety. A warm shower can also be used as a kind of meditation or a healthy way to unwind after a long day. Thus, a nighttime shower might help you to unwind and feel drowsy before bed. Consider using your favourite body scrub in the shower for a relaxing and rewarding end to the day. Another technique to encourage relaxation is to listen to soothing music as you shower.
Introducing the Panasonic Home Shower N Series Jet Pump with Rain Shower
In order to get the best shower experience to help with de-stressing and getting better sleep, you will need a home shower that could give you all you need and more. Here are 3 reasons why you should consider the Panasonic Home Shower N Series Jet Pump with Rain Shower:
1. Enjoy a luxurious shower experience
With a sleek design and large LCD panel display, you will get to enjoy the most luxurious shower experience right in your home. The stylish appearance will effortlessly match your bathroom space and provide an ambience of class and elegance. The large LCD panel makes taking a shower convenient as it shows you the set temperature, mode and time in a glance. The shower temperature and mode can be adjusted with a simple touch of a button.
2. Increase the health and comfort of your shower
In terms of comfort, the rain shower can be adjusted to your preferred height and the shower head diverter can be operated easily without any hassle. The low noise DC pump ensures quiet operation so that you can take your shower late at night without disturbing your family. And don’t worry, this would not disrupt the water flow power. A built-in temperature sensor also allows you to maintain a constant shower temperature for the ultimate comfort.
Users have commented that they feel more relaxed and less stressed after using the e-Cycle shower. Other health benefits include an increase in energy and feeling more refreshed. How this happens is because your body will not experience any hot flashes after stepping out of the bathroom. The e-Cycle technology is able to keep your body temperature in check where you would experience the same warmth 15 minutes after your shower. This ensures that your body feels good and even improves overall blood circulation.
3. Feel secure with the 9 safety points
- Insulated structure: The shower structure complies with IEC 60529 for protection and prevention against electrical shock. The enclosure also prevents access to hazardous parts.
- Water splash proof case cover: The shower structure complies with IEC 60529 (IP25). A water-resistant design means that it can prevent fire and electrical shock.
- Non-flammable material compliance: Using UL-94-V0 classification material for the external casing, it can prevent fire as the material is non combustible and can self-extinguish.
- One push ON/OFF switch: The one push switch will turn off both the main power and water supply line, thus preventing burning and electrical shock.
- Manual reset thermostat: This will cut off the power supply in the event of component failure that results in continuous heating in abnormal conditions. This will help to prevent fire.
- Reinforced polyamide heater unit: The material is heat-resistant, self-extinguishable and non combustible. This helps to prevent fire.
- Auto-thermal cut-off (55°C): The power supply will be cut off in the event of the water temperature exceeding the hazard limit and this can prevent first-degree burns.
- Built-in Earth Leakage Breaker (ELB): Acts as a double safety as it will cut off both neutral and live line completely if electricity leakage occurs. This is to prevent electrical shock.
- Water flow sensor: The sensor will cut off power supply when it detects that the water flow is too low which can lead to overheating of the water.
If you are one of the 9 people out of 10 who struggle with your sleep, we understand your frustration with the quality of your sleep. Taking a warm shower before heading to bed has shown to be quite effective. But just as important as it is to sleep well, investing in a good home shower will ensure that you get the best out of your shower experience. Get a good night’s sleep when you use the Panasonic Home Shower N Series Jet Pump with Rain Shower!
Find out more about the Panasonic Home Shower N Series Jet Pump with Rain Shower here: