The Ben Barnes renaissance is here, and we’re all in for it. For those of us who had Prince Caspian posters on our walls in the late ‘00s, watching the man strut around majestically in Shadow and Bone is, without a doubt, setting our rebellious hearts aflutter all over again. Let’s just say, our teenage selves were so not ready for Ben Barnes clad in all shades of black and are THRIVING right now. If you have yet to see the show, you’re totally missing out on this tall glass of water. Without further ado, let us count the ways General Kirigan a.k.a. The Darkling made us re-evaluate our moral compass in Shadow and Bone. (Personally, our own moral compass left our body every time he appeared on screen.)
Warning: MILD SPOILERS AHEAD!
1) He understood and perfected the assignment
2) No thoughts, head empty, just staring dreamily at The Darkling
3) Seriously, sign us up for the next war
4) Hate to see him leave, love to watch him walk away
5) Girls don’t want boyfriends, girls want Ben Barnes offering them a ride on his horse
6) POV: Him bursting into the room you’re in coz he’s been missing you the entire day *sighs in daydream*
7) Can totally relate to Alina not being able to take her eyes off of this man
8) We are looking, RESPECTFULLY
9) Well, mark us down as scared and
10) Him: “Follow.”
This has been a Ben Barnes appreciation post. You’re welcome.
Can’t get enough of Ben Barnes? He’s all yours over the course of eight episodes in Shadow and Bone, now streaming on Netflix.