Having pets is often a huge commitment that most pet owners do not realise until they have the chance to make a furry friend a part of their family. One of the easily overlooked areas is that pet owners often have to find an alternative place for their pets while they are away on vacation. However, the solution is often trickier than it seems as we want to make sure they are well-cared for and minimise their risk of carrying any infections back home. Don’t let your vacation be A Cat-astrophe. Why not let your cats enjoy their staycation while you are away?
Catopia – The Utopia For Cats
Catopia is an absolute cat hotel, which is an exclusive boarding house for cats only. There will be no dogs or other animals thus eliminating your cat’s fear. Kevin Chiak is the Cat Relations Officer and is in charge of running the whole operations of the hotel. Your cat will have all the attention it needs while still have the luxury of being alone but monitored. Catopia is the Staycation for cats, and you will leave your overseas trip in peace, or if leaving for work when you leave them at Catopia for daycare.
Showering Love For Your Aristocats
They have various options and rooms available for your kitties. There are executive rooms for parents who wants to really pamper your cats or for those who have a family of 3 or more cats and want them to be together all the time. Below are the services that are provided by Catopia:
- Wet and dry food – Included in the boarding charge
- Litter – Catopia clears the litter bin 3 times daily
- Playtime – They provide plenty of play time if they are not aggressive towards other cats. On most occasions, your kitties will stay in the play lounge unless there are special instructions to limit play time
- Special Medical Requirements – If there are requirements for medication e.g., insulin, simple oral dosages, they can help to ensure timely provision
- Cuddling – Countless cuddling sessions for your kitties provided as they simply love cats!
- Service warranty – Money back guaranteed if you are unsatisfied with services provided
- Monitoring – 24 hours surveillance cameras installed to further ensure the safety of your babies
Setting Up Catopia
Kevin has been feeding community cats for a while and couldn’t keep any cats at home as he has 2 dogs at home. He loves both cats and dogs, and the opportunity arose when he found 2 floors of empty space at his gym area. Kevin started adopting cats one after another and ended with 6. The idea of setting up an exclusive cat hotel came about when he wanted to travel and then had problems boarding his cats as most cats boarding facilities were not to his expectations. With the empty space he had and with the encouragement and support from his fitness clients, Catopia was then founded in July 2016.
Cat-ering For The Cats
Currently, they have 18 huge cabins and 2 executive rooms and a play lounge. All cats do not share space unless its meant to be shared with the same family cats. Cats will be scheduled to have play time individually or with same family cats only. Grooming can be arranged during the staycation, but is subjected to advance booking. Beside boarding normal family cats, they also dedicate almost half of the facility in Catopia to foster rescued cats. Kevin’s wish is to contribute to helping the homeless cats by fostering more homeless cats so that they can be adopted and find a happy home. In the next few years, Kevin hopes to have a cat mansion, as to which he intends to keep as a trade secret for now!
I believe that one should make their passion into a business if they ever have that thought, pick up your guts and work through it diligently and plan carefully. When you put passion into your job, your life will be much happier and more fulfilling.
Let your Kitty have their own Staycation at:
- Website: http://www.catopia.sg/
- Facebook: Catopia