Commuters Rejoice! The Phase One of the MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang (SBK) line is now up and running. This also means that you can now ride from Sungai Buloh to Semantan with the MRT. Here are 10 things you need to know.
1) THE MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line will have 31 stations in total. However, under Phase 1, only 12 out of 31 stations were launched.
2) Phase 1 starts at Sungai Buloh station and ends at the Semantan Station. Some of the notable stations launched under Phase 1 include Kota Damansara, Mutiara Damansara, Bandar Utama and Taman Tun Dr Ismail.
3) Fares range from RM 1 to RM 3.90 between Sungai Buloh Station and the Semantan Station. Only cash and Touch ‘n Go cards will be accepted. MyRapid card will not be useable on the SBK Line.
4) Senior citizens, the disabled and students are entitled to 50% discount. Tokens with the concession fare will have to be purchased from the customer service office.
5) Under Phase 1, there are 112 feeder buses linking all 12 stations and covering 25 routes. The fare for feeder bus is capped at RM1 per trip.
6) Several of the park-and-ride facilities have also begun operating on 16 December. This includes Sungai Buloh station, Kwasa Damansara station, Kwasa Sentral, Bandar Utama and Pusat Bandar Damansara.
7) The MRT Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line is the first of the three planned Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit lines to be constructed, with estimated contract value of MYR36 billion.
8) According to MRT Corp, the four-car train sets with the capacity of 1,200 passengers and the line can cater up to some 400,000 passengers per day, with a headway (train-to-train gap time) of 3.5 minutes.
9) Phase 2 of the SBK Line, or the Semantan-to-Kajang portion of the project, covering 19 stops, is expected to be launched next July.